Winter's here—and with it, the Bald Eagles return to the Merrimack Valley. To celebrate these special winter residents of the greater Newburyport area, Mass Audubon at Joppa Flats and the Parker River National Wildlife Refuge are holding the 15th annual Merrimack River Eagle Festival on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Come to the Eagle Festival for a full day of fun indoor and outdoor activities, and learn more about these magnificent birds and the habitat they share with us. Festival features include:
- Eagle-spotting locations along the lower Merrimack with on-site interpreters
- Bus tours guided by expert birders starting in downtown Newburyport
(register online at massaudubon.org starting January 6)
- Wildlife photo tours with Hunt’s Photo and Video (register online at massaudubon.org starting January 6)
- Live raptor demonstrations at Newburyport’s City Hall
- Children’s nature activities and live bird demonstrations at Mass Audubon’s Joppa Flats and the Parker River National Wildlife Refuge Headquarters
For the latest information on the Merrimack River Eagle Festival events, please contact Mass Audubon's Joppa Flats Education Center at 978-462-9998 or see massaudubon.org/eaglefestival for updates.