Twelfth Annual Newburyport Literary Festival: "Jeff Kinney - Drawing Readers In"
Friday, April 28, 5:30 pm
Newburyport Literary Festival Opening Ceremony featuring award-winning children?s author Jeff Kinney, who will share some of the inspiration behind his Wimpy Kid insights and humor as well as a video from his recent world tour and take questions from the audience. Book signing to follow. Children are invited to bring their favorite Jeff Kinney book for Jeff to sign. One book only please! This promises to be a popular event and seating will be on a first come, first served basis. Plan to arrive early to make sure you get a good seat!
Dinner With the Authors follows the Opening Ceremony
Saturday, April 29, 8:30 a.m.
A full day of readings.
- Featured poets include Midge Goldberg, Rober Mezey, Alfred Nicol, Deborah Warren
- Featured authors include Andre Dubus III, Richard Russo, Will Schwalbe, Kate Clifford Larson, Ruth Franklin .
- Venues throughout downtown Newburyport; check event website for complete list: http://newburyportliteraryfestival.or
Festival website: newburyportliteraryfestival.org
Honoree: This year the Festival will honor award-winning children?s book author Jeff Kinney.
- Opening Ceremony: The Festival?s Opening Ceremony will begin at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, April 28 at the Old South Church in downtown Newburyport. Jeff Kinney will share some of the inspiration behind his Wimpy Kid insights and humor. In addition to a conversation with the moderator, Kinney will show a video from his recent world tour and take questions from the audience. Jeff will sign books after the presentation. Children are invited to bring their favorite Jeff Kinney book for Jeff to sign. One book only please! This event promises to be a popular one and seating will be first come, first served so it is recommended that people arrive early to get a seat.
- Dinner With the Authors: The Masonic Center, 31 Green Street in downtown Newburyport. Tickets are $50/person, available online at newburyportliteraryfestival.org or by sending a check, made out to the Newburyport Literary Association, to the Newburyport Literary Association, Box 268, Newburyport, MA 01950.
- Books on the Loose: Beginning April 1 we'll be leaving books by Festival authors in public places to be picked up and read by others.
- What are You Reading? Giant posters around town so people can share what they are reading.
- Closing Ceremony: Melissa Sweet and Martha White to discuss the writing of E.B. White. Interspersed with the discussion will be readings from the works of E.B. White.
Fiction: Andre Dubus III, Richard Russo, Jennifer Haigh, Anne Easter Smith, Dawn Tripp
Non-Fiction: Will Schwalbe, Kate Clifford Larson, Ruth Franklin, Megan Marshall
Poetry: Alfred Nicol, Midge Goldberg, Robert Mezey, Deborah Warren
Children/YA: Erin Bowman, Theo Heras, Melissa Sweet