Looking for a New Career? No Human Service Experience?
Talk with us about a rewarding human services career. What sets Turning Point, Inc. apart from other nonprofit, human services organizations is our work environment, a committed team and organizational commitment to offer excellent support and service to the individuals we serve.
Founded in 1971, Turning Point, Inc., is a private, nonprofit, community based human service agency. Turning Point, Inc. promotes empowerment, independence, and self-sufficiency for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Work Sites are Residential Homes located in:
- Merrimack Valley: Amesbury, Merrimac, Newbury, Newburyport, and Salisbury
- North Shore: Beverly, Boxford, Danvers, Middleton, Peabody, Salem and Topsfield
Work in a casual, friendly group home environment supporting intellectually and developmentally disabled adults with varied needs
What Experience Is Necessary?
- Interest and/or experience working with adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities, as well as the ability to follow behavioral support plans
- Basic math skills for counting and recording money
- Ability to perform moderate lifting, frequent walking, communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Empathy, patience and flexibility
- Keen observation and active listening skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to learn, follow and execute client plans and goals
- Ability to work with others
- Critical thinking and problem solving orientation