Direct Support Staff
Turning Point, Inc is looking for dedicated Direct Support Staff to join our growing team! The direct support staff provides support and supervision to intellectually and developmentally disabled individuals, individuals with traumatic brain injury and individuals with high-risk behaviors and significant forensic issues residing in group residences. Direct Support Staff are responsible for maintaining the safety and Human Rights of the individuals being supported, as well as implementing Individual Service Plans (ISP) goals and strategies of Turning Point, Inc.
- Maintain a safe environment and ensures the Human Rights and Safety of individuals are being met in a residential setting licensed by the Department of Developmental Services (DDS) or Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission (MRC)
- Follow all agency and program philosophy, goals, and objectives
- Assist and supervise individuals with all activities of daily living including, but not limited to hygiene, household chores, cooking, shopping, banking and community activities
- Follow menus, as planned by the Program Manager or designated staff with input from the individuals. Ensures physician ordered diets are followed and helps the individuals to make good dietary nutritional choices
- Transport individuals to medical, dental, psychiatric, and other appointments, as assigned by the Program Manager
- Follow all behavior plans and maintains required data collection
- Complete all documentation in a timely manner, including, but not limited to communication logs, shifts notes, incident reports, restraint forms, MAP documentation etc.
- Attend bi-weekly team meetings and monthly staff meetings
- Maintain current CPR and First Aid certifications, as well as MAP and PABC, as applicable
- Follow the direction of the Program Manager regarding the implementation of ISP goals/strategies for each individual, and follows the program’s operational policies and procedures as directed by the Program Manager or Coordinator