MASSHIRE MERRIMACK VALLEY WORKFORCE BOARD
POSITION VACANCY NOTICE
(OPEN TO IN AND OUT OF HOUSE CANDIDATES)
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: MassHire MVWB Executive Director
Part-Time 18 Hours Per Week – Mutually agreed upon schedule
No Health or Time Off Benefits
JOB GRADE: (non-union)
HIRING RANGE: $23 - $25 / Hour
Provides a variety of administrative functions to assist the Workforce Board (WB) staff with Board governance, resource development, communications, clerical and programming support. Ensures the accuracy of department files and materials; maintains highly confidential department files for the Agency.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Board Governance support:
- Assists the Executive Director in preparing the agenda and materials for all board and committee meetings. Posts meetings and sends materials.
- Takes meeting notes and redacts minutes.
- Works independently on special projects at the request of the WB Executive, Deputy Director or Fiscal Director which may include planning and coordinating multiple tasks and disseminating information.
- Assists with the development and implementation of planning documents.
- Supports proposal preparation through coordinating support letters and / or Memos of Understanding with partner’s employers and organizations.
- Assists in collating and sending funding proposals.
- Maintains MMVWB website (will receive training).
- Assists with marketing of the Workforce Board mission and capabilities.
- Helps prepare intermittent communications (i.e. press release, newsletter or Newsflash) on MMVWB progress and disseminates to stakeholders.
- Performs highly responsible administrative functions according to standard administrative procedures and conforms to standards.
- Provides administrative support to the Executive Director, WB Staff and the Board
- Maintains the Master File System.
- Performs general clerical duties; answers telephones, photocopies, gathers correspondence and other documents, maintains supplies and orders supplies.
- Provides reporting function at all meetings, including posting of meetings.
- Notarize documents as needed.
- Communicate facilities requests to appropriate parties.
- Provides support to program managers to ensure efficient functioning of MMVWB workforce development programming. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in organizing customer paper files.
- Helping do customer data entry into MOSES and / or the program specific database.
- Process support service payments including reimbursements or payment to customers or providers.
Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Associates degree or equivalent with three to five years administrative assistant experience required. Excellent organizational and communication skills. Strong written English skills a must. Knowledge of the role, function, and operation of a board of directors in a publicly funded organization. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with attention to detail. Must computer literate and capable with Microsoft Word and Excel. Must be able to work well with minimal supervision, tight timelines and under pressure and respect the confidential nature required by the position. MassHire Merrimack Valley Workforce Board will provide assistance becoming a Notary Public. Work experience in municipal government strongly preferred. Bilingual Spanish / English a plus.
POSTING DATE: March 22, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Closed
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME TO: Beverly Stopyra, Human Resources/Quality Assurance Manager
MassHire Merrimack Valley Workforce Board
255 Essex St., 4th Floor
Lawrence, MA 01840
PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: email@example.com
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY