GNFC 2017 Community Gift - RFP
September 06, 2017
Through the Baby & Kids annual consignment sales held in the Spring and the Fall, the GNFC donates a portion of the proceeds to a community effort in line with our mission statement to support local families. We have donated significant dollar amounts to the following organizations:
2008: Renovation of the Kid’s Lounge at the Turning Point Shelter in Amesbury
2009 & 2010: Newburyport Rail Trail Project
2011: Amesbury Town Park Renovation Committee
2012: Gerrish Breast Care Center at Anna Jaques Hospital
2014: Inn Street Fountain Project
2015: West Newbury Parks and Recreation Committee for improvements to Action Cove Playground
2016: Anna Jaques Hospital Pasteurized Donor Human Milk Program & Merrimac Playground Commission
THE CRITERIA FOR CONSIDERATION AS A BENEFICIARY ARE:
• The organization must be an established Greater Newburyport non-profit with IRS 501 3C status.
• The organization must fall within the scope of our mission statement to support local families.
• The organization needs to be small enough that donated funds would make a significant difference to the lives of its recipients. This year we would like to focus on charitable organizations that do not already receive large corporate or government funding.
• The funds must be spent within the calendar year of 2018.
• The organization must be fiscally responsible and fully accountable for how the money will be spent over the next year and how the money will be been used to benefit the lives of the organization’s recipients.
POTENTIAL GIFT INCOME
We cannot guarantee the amount of funds our events will generate. In previous years, the average recipient has received between $2000 - $5000. Funds will be distributed in the first quarter of 2018.
Be as detailed as you like in your proposal, including letters of recommendation and photos to illustrate your purpose. Please also include the following:
1. History of the organization
2. Purpose and mission statement
3. Documentation that you meet the requirement of non-profit with IRS 501 3C status
4. Website, if applicable
5. The population you serve
6. How the money received would be used
7. Please add anything else you would like us to know about your group’s needs
TO APPLY FOR CONSIDERATION
The GNFC Executive Team will review each proposal, and may ask for more details. Personal and/or phone interviews may be set for the semi-finalists. The ultimate decision will be a board vote announced by late December/early January
Please forward your proposal along to Corinne Poor, GNFC president, NO LATER THAN October 15th, 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to learning more about your organization and thank you for replying to our request for proposal.