Looking for a Recent College Grad with teaching backgrounds/degree
The CBDS (Community Based Day Services)/classroom Specialist is responsible for providing a structured and productive classroom for adults with disabilities. The CBDS Specialist will use critical thinking and creative methods to engage all clients, while implementing the themes, instructional curriculum and activities of the week. The CBDS Specialist will design class curriculum collaboratively with the Program Manager and Director of Vocational Services. He/she is also responsible for incorporating the program theme of LINKS, Learning, Individuality, Network, Kindness, Services into daily programming.
- Develop weekly plans and implement appropriate curriculum in collaboration with the CBDS Program Manager and Director of Vocational Services in individualized, small group, and large group settings. Participate in sharing of learning approaches and plans with staff and management for the development and improvement of the curriculum programs.
- Provide appropriate physical and psychological environment to establish and reinforce acceptable behavior, attitudes and social skills. On an ongoing basis, plan, evaluate and improve the physical environment in the classroom to create opportunities to meet the changing needs. Provide responsive care to all clients by adapting routines and plans to the interests and needs of the individuals and group served. At all times, maintain a clean and organized classroom space.
- Maintain accurate, complete and timely attendance, in-house logs, community sign up’s, therap notes and any additional documentation required by the agency.
- Promote applicable learning participation, challenging individual needs and requirements based on program objectives and Individual Support Goals. Plan programming utilizing measurable goals and objectives.
- Maintain consistent and prompt communication regarding growth and development, behaviors, participation, and successful completion of programming with Case Managers, CBDS Program Manager, Employment Specialists, Director of Vocational Services, and guardians.
- Ensure familiarity and compliance with all regulations and requirements, state laws and guidelines, and CRC policies and procedures.
- Perform all duties in a manner which demonstrates an awareness and respect for each individual’s legal, civic and human rights. Maintain and enforce the confidentiality of any information relating to individuals served.
- Complete all mandatory trainings to ensure skill maintenance and development. This includes trainings mandated by CRC, as well as other department and state agency required trainings and certifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Education or related field with a minimum of one-year experience working with adults with disabilities/Human Services preferred.Commensurate experience may be substituted for educational requirements. Teaching/classroom experience a plus. Valid driver’s license