Vice President, Real Estate Services
MassDevelopment is accepting applications for the position of Vice President in the Real Estate Services Department of the Real Estate Division. Pursuant to its mission to create jobs, promote economic development, and eliminate blight, MassDevelopment undertakes a wide range of real estate services and technical assistance projects assisting communities to help define and achieve their economic development goals and objectives.
Under the direction of the SVP of Real Estate Operations, the person who fills this position will perform project management functions from feasibility to execution primarily for real estate municipal services projects that may include, as needed, assistance with planning and development. Real Estate Services projects include but are not limited to the creation of land use plans and design guidelines; market analysis; creation of RFQs & RFPs; developer selection; review of financial, zoning, and environmental issues and legal documentation; permitting; and the pursuit of public financing. Project components include project conceptualization and management, community relations, and project implementation. This position requires expertise in planning and economic development related issues, and working knowledge of real estate development and finance, and other MassDevelopment products and services that may be of assistance.
Core Components of the Position
- Oversee the development, implementation, and ongoing facilitation of a Real Estate Services selection process including taking a lead role on the review of and coordination of input on all applications received from various MassDevelopment departments.
- Serve as the Real Estate Division’s South Regional Team representative by coordinating work with regional team members; developing an understanding of the land use and economic development challenges that are unique to the region; and identifying and managing Real Estate Services projects in the region.
- Provide ongoing assistance with the administration of the Real Estate Service Department’s Site Readiness Program.
- Assess the eligibility and viability of proposed projects for services managed by the Real Estate Division including (a) ensuring that projects align with the Agency’s mission, (b) conducting a preliminary feasibility analysis, (c) projecting required expenditures and identifying potential Agency risks for the project, (d) identifying potential sources of funding, and (e) preparing a project scope of services.
- Direct interaction with municipalities to determine strategic project focus for real estate services projects. Continued management of projects from inception to completion, including scope development, budgeting, management of consultants, and continued interaction with municipalities. Maintain relationships with municipalities to assist in plan implementation.
- Work with MassDevelopment staff in other departments to ensure proper flow of communication and information.
- Master’s Degree preferred with a concentration in planning, architecture, real estate, public policy, economics, or related field.
- 5-7 years of professional experience in project management, with a preference for experience working for a municipality or regional planning agency.
- Strong knowledge of land use practices, urban and regional planning, public/private development and economic development initiatives is essential.
- Working knowledge of real estate development and finance is preferred.
- Knowledge of other MassDevelopment products and services that may be of assistance is encouraged.
- Familiarity and a working knowledge of federal, state or local economic development programs, incentives and policy initiatives as well as governmental regulations regarding land-use controls is required.
- Strong interactive and relationship-building skills with an ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, governmental officials, the general public, consultants and various outside stakeholders is required.
- Experience working with various project constituencies, including non-profit advocacy groups and citizens, community and neighborhood organizations is preferred.
- Experience managing or working in a team environment on projects is desirable.
- Must have experience in managing projects from inception to completion.
- Experience working with citizen and community organizations and municipal governments is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills required. Preferred candidate will have some exposure to marketing/communications, public policy, and program development.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of GIS, CAD, InDesign and SketchUp a plus. Preferred candidate will have an interest and some experience in innovative technology, including economic development tools.
- Preferred candidate should be enthusiastic, self-directed, creative problem-solver and passionate about urban development and implementation.
- Must be detail oriented and possess superior written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of governmental regulations regarding land-use controls and environmental review procedures within Massachusetts.
- Must have valid Massachusetts driver’s license.
Please forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
99 High Street, 11th Floor
Boston, MA 02110
or email to: Jobs@massdevelopment.com
This posting can close without notice.
The starting salary range for this position is $70,780 - $90,250.Equal Opportunity Employer