Assistant Youth Coordinator, Youth Services
City of Newburyport
POSITION/DEPARTMENT: Assistant Youth Coordinator, Youth Services
HOURS OF WORK: School Year/ August to June; M-F, 20-25 hours/week varied; 1:00pm – 5:30pm. Some weekend and evening events required for special events.
COMPENSATION: $11-15/hr, no benefits
Works with Youth Coordinator in supervising trips and activities for middle school youth. Oversees the middle school Drop-In center and assists the Drop-In Coordinator with implementation of middle school programming. Position reports to the Youth Coordinator. Youth supervision, several years experience working with middle school youth, and related field experience preferred.
Summer work opportunities also available
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides daily oversight of program and direct care with children
- Assists in maintaining program records
- Assists in implementing and overseeing activities/events for middle school youth at the Drop-In Center.
- Works with Youth Coordinator for the maintenance of materials and equipment at the Drop-in Center.
- Assists with ordering/ purchasing supplies for programming at the Drop-in Center.
- Assists Youth Coordinator with meeting department programming needs.
- Familiarity with childhood development or other related field preferred. Education in recreation, youth development or related field preferred.
- Several years experience working with middle school youth preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older at the time of hire, 21+ preferred.
- CORI check, driving record and SORI check to be conducted.
Email your resume and cover letter to Andrea Egmont at firstname.lastname@example.org